Table of Contents:
Ready to get started with your Apex EDI integration? Great! This Quick Start will cover everything you need to know to get started with your integration and what Apex EDI offers you and your customers.
Let's get the basics out of the way! Below is some simple information you will need to know for your integration.
Programming Languages and Code Snippets
- Interaction with our API is handled through HTTP requests. We have provided code snippets for C#, JAVA and Delphi to help with your integration. You can integrate through any programming language with the ability to make HTTP requests.
Getting to know ANSI documents
- Electronic health care interactions are all made with ANSI X12 documents, this quick reference will let you know which documents are used to send claims and what they are used for. You do not need to become an ANSI expert to integrate with Apex EDI.
- All API requests are authenticated with the username and password of the client account the data is being requested for.
Handling Multiple Locations
- If the data you are sending covers multiple Apex EDI client ID's you will need to include authentication details on the location level.
Apex EDI Payer List
- You can access payer information via an API request, or you can view our customer facing payer list.
Next up, it's time to start integrating Apex EDI's service into your software. The steps below will walk you through what is needed for each service, make sure to read the associated How To guides for more details and samples.
- To integrate claims you need to decide on the claim format and upload method you want to use. See the How To guide for more details on claims integration.
- Clients can perform eligibility requests via the Apex EDI claims portal or you can integrate eligibility requests directly into your software. See the How To guide for more details on eligibility integration.
- To integrate patient statements you need to decide on the statement format and upload method you want to use. See the How To guide for more details on patient statement integration.
- We need to know how you would like to bill your customers for their Apex EDI service. We provide multiple options for invoicing clients to give you flexibility in your service offering.
Ready for Customers
Now that Apex EDI's services are integrated into your software you are ready for customers to start sending claims, checking eligibility and sending patient statements. Apex EDI will take care of your customers needs from getting enrolled with payers to handling rejected claims. Read on for further details.
- As an Apex EDI partner you will receive a private labeled claims portal for your clients to manage claims, eligibility and statements from any internet connection.
- We provide customer service for the entire claims submission process. Clients can reach Apex EDI customer service through chat, e-mail and phone.
- Some payers require enrollment. You can rest assured that we will handle everything and ensure a fast and simple transition for your clients.